Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nygfan80

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
PA
I really like the product. Does a great job protecting my iPad but a few moments ago, I noticed glue coming out all four corners of the black velcro pieces. It got all over the back of my iPad but I was able to get it off with my microfiber cloth. Anyone else have any bad experiences with this item? Any good recommendations on another product?

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
I had the same issue with mine. I wrote Hard Candy and they informed me that this is a mfg defect.

They are shipping out new feet for the inside case that have the velcro sewn on instead of glued.

I would advise you to contact them with your order number for the fixed parts. Hard Candy was very apologetic and helpful with me. Looks like they just had a bad inital design with the footers and the way the velcro attached to them.

nygfan80

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
PA
I am very surprised they contacted me back so quickly. They said I can get new feet or just get a new replacement case. I asked for a new case with hopefully the new feet. There is glue all over the inside of the case and it is pretty useless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.