Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SOLLERBOY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Hi guys , I got my 16gb black 3g on Sunday and took it outside for the first time yesterday , while I was using it I saw a couple ( well 3 actually) small pink/purple bubbles on the screen. At first I thought it was the screen protector I put on but then I noticed that these bubbles were actually under the black bit on the top of the screen to the left of the speaker.

Now these bubbles can only be seen in direct sunlight ( the home button turns the same colour lol) but I was just wandering if this is a known problem? This is the only problem I have so I don't think I'll go through the hassle of returning it.

It's a week 31 purchased in the UK.

gkerr4

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2008
they are the sensors - light and proximity sensors to be exact.

Ever noticed that the screen goes blank when you put it to your ear?
- the sensor knows you see...

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
You got be kidding me right? Three perfectly round sensors are mistaken as a problem, are you guys just looking for stuff to bitch about?

SOLLERBOY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
UK
You got be kidding me right? Three perfectly round sensors are mistaken as a problem, are you guys just looking for stuff to bitch about?

not at all , I love my iphone , I did think they could be some sort of feature as they are perfectly spaced. I just needed clarification which the person above did , so thank you to the 1st person to reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.