Bubbly Screen on MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kanshira, Feb 21, 2008.

  1. kanshira macrumors member

    Oct 27, 2007
    hi, I have recently discovered a somewhat bubble look alike on my mbp screen. It's all the way down the bottom left corner about 3-5 millimetres up. If i have a dark/black color under the bubble it disappears, but when its over something light it is quite visible (as shown on the image attached)

    Its not exactly a major issue and isn't really defecting the macbook functions but since i have discovered it, it has paranoid me as a I know where it is and tend to look at it.

    I'm just wondering, is this a common problem? Does anybody else have it and is it repairable? Whats the cause? .. Is more gonna pop out? Should i take it for warranty and repair? - Yeh, I'm probably over reacting but I paid good money for it so i expect it to be in top notch condition. :(

    thx for help.
  2. Meep macrumors member

    Feb 5, 2008
    I'm not an expert but it looks like one of the many layers of glass/plastic that make up the display have become separated. It's definitely not normal and the bubble could spread/get larger. I assume your machine is still in warranty so just take it into an Apple Store or your reseller and show them the defect and tell you want it fixed before it gets worse. The only downside is that it make take a few days to repair but see if you can keep hold of the MBP whilst/if they have to order in a new screen for you and then just take it in when they have the part. The actual replacing of the screen shouldn't take that long.
  3. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

    Sep 25, 2007
    New England
    Just return it to the Apple store wait a couple of hours and they'll put a new screen in for you.

Share This Page