Bubo OWLEE w/ iPhone 4S...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Frankied22, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

So my friend and me want to put together a short film in a few months, and I am looking at different camera options. Since this is just going to be a really low-budget indie short film I am not looking to go all out and spend thousands on equipment (ie, Mark II, III). While I was looking into different options I came across the Bubo OWLEE for iPhone. From some of the youtube footage I have seen this thing definitely has some potential when mixed with the SLR lens adapter w/ Canon lenses. Has anyone on this forum had any experience using this OWLEE? I am thinking this setup with some lighting and either my Tascam Mi2 or boom mic could work. Otherwise, I could probably afford a Canon Rebel T3i. What do you guys think?

2. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I have the Owlee, and I do like it. It's heavy, so it's nice to help keep things more stable when half held, and it mounts nicely to any standard tripod. The wide angle lens it comes with works well. I don't have the SLR lens adapter to use, so I can't comment on that.

3. JBryan84 macrumors regular

I went to High School with the creator of Owlee. Just thought it was pretty cool to see his product talked about on this forum.