Bucket of Blood Saloon

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dr.devious, Mar 6, 2011.

1. dr.devious macrumors regular

dr.devious

2. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

I like them, feel like I'm walking through an old-western town. My only critique is I think the blacks are a little overdone and you're losing any detail that'd be in them, might just be my screen though. I've been trying to use Aperture's Highlight over/underexpose feature so I can be sure to keep as much detail in those areas should I want to go for printing.

3. jackerin macrumors 6502a

I see the same. Looks like contrast has been boosted out the wazoo on some of them.

Some image-specific comments though. 1: Awkward angle makes it hard to read. 2: Clear view of the church would have been better if that's the main subject. 3: What looks like a pole is covering the first letter of the hotel name. One step to the right could have fixed it. 4: Any time photographing costuming I prefer doing colour shots, doing b/w I feel is taking away from the work they put into making it. 5: Really weird colours in this one. Looking outside you see a blue outline of a car, the reflection makes it seem the guy is cut off mid-space, and without the title there is no way to know what you are seeing. 7: I thought it was just the two wheels until I saw the "sign" in the bottom right corner and realized half the image consists of blown highlights on the right.

4. priceshirley macrumors newbie

^^ Agree with "jackerin”. Especially the photo #3, #5 & #7 can be better.
    3. ‘Stay For a while’: 1 step right plus little angel setting could have made it better.
    5. ‘IT Manager turn Candy Maker’: one cannot see what exactly the person is doing. Again he is cut in half.
    7. I really don’t understand the last one.
    But I like the view/angel for church. The clock is good as well.