Bucket of Blood Saloon

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dr.devious, Mar 6, 2011.

1. dr.devious macrumors regular

Nov 30, 2008
    Truckee Meadows, NV
  2. wheezy macrumors 65816

Apr 7, 2005
    Alpine, UT
    I like them, feel like I'm walking through an old-western town. My only critique is I think the blacks are a little overdone and you're losing any detail that'd be in them, might just be my screen though. I've been trying to use Aperture's Highlight over/underexpose feature so I can be sure to keep as much detail in those areas should I want to go for printing.
  3. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Jun 29, 2008
    I see the same. Looks like contrast has been boosted out the wazoo on some of them.

Some image-specific comments though. 1: Awkward angle makes it hard to read. 2: Clear view of the church would have been better if that's the main subject. 3: What looks like a pole is covering the first letter of the hotel name. One step to the right could have fixed it. 4: Any time photographing costuming I prefer doing colour shots, doing b/w I feel is taking away from the work they put into making it. 5: Really weird colours in this one. Looking outside you see a blue outline of a car, the reflection makes it seem the guy is cut off mid-space, and without the title there is no way to know what you are seeing. 7: I thought it was just the two wheels until I saw the "sign" in the bottom right corner and realized half the image consists of blown highlights on the right.
  4. priceshirley macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2011
    ^^ Agree with "jackerin”. Especially the photo #3, #5 & #7 can be better.
    3. ‘Stay For a while’: 1 step right plus little angel setting could have made it better.
    5. ‘IT Manager turn Candy Maker’: one cannot see what exactly the person is doing. Again he is cut in half.
    7. I really don’t understand the last one.
    But I like the view/angel for church. The clock is good as well.