Bud Light Lime

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by keysersoze, May 2, 2008.

1. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

OK. So at first I thought this was the worst decision ever made by a beer brewer, creating a Lime flavored beer. Then I realized I don't really know that much about beer, other then I drink a lot of it. So my question is:

Do you drink Bud Light Lime?
    If so, why?
    If so, do you actually like it?
    Are there worse beer ideas?

:confused:

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

There's a Bud Light lime?

A travesty. They have completely tarnished the legendary name and history of "Bud Light" and the legacy that this iconic piece of American culture will carry into the future.

*cough*

3. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Sarcasm overload! ...it made me laugh ;) Really why do companies do this? The only remake of a drink + chemical fruit flavour I have ever liked was Cherry Coke. Quite frankly everybody should have stopped there.

At least Corona has the good sense not to go down this road, and everybody puts a lime wedge in that beer!

4. msbsound macrumors regular

I wanna say the other american brewing companies have all started marketing their "lime" beers recently. Think I've have seen a commercial for Miller Lite recently as well.

All of them tagging the "refreshing" qualities to their new beer. Really quite sad since I dont know who they are marketing to. Bud Light drinkers are going to order a bud light, if they want a beer with a lime in it, they get a corona and do it themselves. I can appreciate the whole capitalist idea to try an syphon sales from a competitor who has success, but when drinking bud light, I dont think I ever wished it had a lime in it, nor do I remember any friends asking a bar tender for a lime wedge to give their bud light some tang.

I dont drink much beer anymore, but, I went to college, and I still remember something about it(and that something is certainly not those early morning physics classes)

5. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

In all fairness Miller Chill (Miller + Lime + A Hint of Salt) was out last year.

Personally I don't drink such crap beer.

6. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

The soda companies all did this crap some time ago, and it didn't work. I can't imagine it'd work with beer either. I mean, why change the taste of Bud Light? Clearly nobody drinks it for the taste now anyway. :)

7. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

I hate Bud (and most american beers in general), but I'm guessing the metro-sexuals had something to do with this lime nonsense.

8. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Quite a few companies have started doing this, adding 'citrus' flavours to their concoctions – Fosters are another culprit who spring to mind.

I suspect they're doing this to try and mask the frankly awful taste of their beer.

9. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

My buddy picked up 2 six-packs 2 days ago, which is the first time we saw this in my area (Morgantown, WV). I hated Miller Chill...absolutely horrible. I must say that I will always take Yuengling or other better beers over Bud Light Lime, but it wasn't too bad. It's a beer that I'd want to drink ice cold on a nice summer day on the golf course or at a BBQ. Call me what you want, but it's not something you drink massive quantities of, more of a "chill out on a hot day beer."

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

11. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I remember drinking Tequiza back in 1999...somehow this fad has returned again.

12. emw macrumors G4

emw

Zima?

13. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I couldn't put it any better.

fruit + ****** beer = even ******** beer

14. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

When I went on a tour of the Coor Plant there was one lady in the tour group that asked why Zima was discontinued (the original and one its flavors). I promptly answered (before the tour guide) because it was s*** beer.

The tour group got a laugh out of it simply because it's true.

15. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I was at a restaurant once and on the menu was a "beer float" - which was exactly what it sounds like - beer and ice cream. Even the waitress said it was gross. Needless to say, I did not try it.

(http://www.yardhouse.com/ in case you are interested)

16. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Has anyone tried Chelada. That's clamato and bud. I like bloody marys and enjoy a beer now and then. Chelada, otoh, made me almost puke.

17. 7254278 macrumors 68020

The worst beer ideas I've ever tried were:

Desperados: Tequila flavored beer

Cannabia: Marijuana flavored beer

18. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I didn't realize regular Bud is supposed to be beer. Sure fooled me all these years. ;)

19. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

ever put an orange slice in a blue moon? I've heard it good :confused:

20. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

That's how it's supposed to be served. It's friggin amazing!