Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigNoNo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
Hey friends,
Some one can recommend on a budget app? I have to much Expenses from various credit cards.
Want to keep track of my expenses / income. Mostly an app that can calculate an expense that has been divided into payments.
Better for a free app but I would be willing to pay a few bucks for a decent app.
Thank you!

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
Try "Money Pro". I have it on my iPad and iPhone and I'm quite happy with it. Also syncs over iCloud, so you're everywhere uptodate.

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Anything that is syncing with bank accounts is going to cost or have a regular subscription. The alternative is making your own spreadsheet if you’d like something cheaper.

Reactions: Gregg2

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Anything that is syncing with bank accounts is going to cost or have a regular subscription. The alternative is making your own spreadsheet if you’d like something cheaper.
Not necessarily. With many banks and credit cards, you can download your transactions and statements in a compatible format to import into the software, which is free.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
Quicken is the gold standard although there are several others.

Like already mentioned, most of these are going to cost money.

I do recall that office 365 excel includes some Microsoft money features in it. If you already have a 365 license, you may want to check that out.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Quicken is the gold standard although there are several others.

Like already mentioned, most of these are going to cost money.

I do recall that office 365 excel includes some Microsoft money features in it. If you already have a 365 license, you may want to check that out.
Quicken for Mac has always sucked bilge water. Feature set always lagged behind that of the Windows version, and always (at least in my experience) was cumbersome and buggy.

macinct

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2018
Regarding Quicken for Mac. I was a long time Quicken Windows and switched over to the Mac version a couple of years ago. I had always heard that the Mac version was really bad. I believe the Mac version has been improved though and I'm very happy with it since doing the switch.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
Quicken for Mac has always sucked bilge water. Feature set always lagged behind that of the Windows version, and always (at least in my experience) was cumbersome and buggy.

I’ve heard that before but my experience with it has been positive.

I’ve never used the windows version so I have nothing to compare it to but the mac version works great for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: JavaMania5

Refooz2Lose

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2022
I started using an app called Daily Spend which I am really loving. Simple UI but with enough details to be super useful. Heres a link if your interested: Daily Spend

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
I went back to YNAB 4, works great on Monterey (as long as you get the script from GitHub)

Has anyone ever ran into any problems after using that? I have used that twice now, on my Mac mini M1 and M1 MBA.

Recently I had a trackpad error code issue that threw me into hours of rework time, reloading Monterey, reloading data, etc. I sometimes wonder what could have started that issue, and whether that issue was with my MBA all along or not…. But with the gitlab modification being “non-standard,” I always worry in the back of my mind about the safety of using it.

If only YNAB weren’t so damn selfish, I am sticking with 4, it works better than anything else they’ve created. And is not subscription.

Frankenstein's Fat Foot

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2021
Has anyone ever ran into any problems after using that? I have used that twice now, on my Mac mini M1 and M1 MBA.

Recently I had a trackpad error code issue that threw me into hours of rework time, reloading Monterey, reloading data, etc. I sometimes wonder what could have started that issue, and whether that issue was with my MBA all along or not…. But with the gitlab modification being “non-standard,” I always worry in the back of my mind about the safety of using it.

If only YNAB weren’t so damn selfish, I am sticking with 4, it works better than anything else they’ve created. And is not subscription.
I have no problems with it on Monterrey and early 2015 MBP, use it daily works fine. And yeh nYNAB can die in a fire. Their recent price gouge is what made me go back to YNAB4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.