Budget Apps

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dmbrem99, Jul 29, 2009.

1. dmbrem99 macrumors member

Just want to get some opinions on what are the better home budget apps out there. What do you like or dislike about them.

I have looked at Money 3.0, Pocket Money and iXpenselt and HomeBudget and they all look pretty good. I am just curious if there is something that makes any better than the others.

Cheers, Jake.

2. return7 macrumors 6502

I can't speak to using them but when we integrated (BillMinder) with Pocket Money, Hardy, the developer, was amazingly accessible and helpful. I imagine he takes good care of his users...so have to throw a plug in for his support, at least. :) Good luck finding the right app.

3. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

SplashMoney - great graphs and icons. Great currency support. Supports multiple accounts. Only syncs to SplashMoney desktop. SplashMoney desktop costs a bit. Sync hasn't been reliably accurate. Takes too long and too many taps to enter transactions on the fly.

PocketMoney - multiple account support. Customizable graphs. Graph function requires access to WiFi. Fast entry. Good currency support. Large numeric keypad with basic calculating functions.

TapExpense - the fastest entry. Decent graphs. No income graph though. No multiple account support. Great currency support.

I'm kind of undecided on which to use. I'm hoping one of them adds a missing feature.

4. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

5. dmbrem99 thread starter macrumors member

bump.

Still looking for a personal budget app... and I am just checking to see if there are any new ones out there I may have missed.

I have the lite versions of iXpenseIt and HomeBudget... and like them, but I am not completely sold on them yet.

Any suggestions or opinions are welcome.

Cheers.

6. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Did you try the lite version of Pocket Money?

I just downloaded it... i've used MPG on my Palm for years, and they offer great support. I'm actually NOT interested at this time in a desktop app - i have very basic needs and I think PM will do all i need too.

7. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

After having tried Pocket Money, TapExpense, SplashMoney, Checkbook, Home Budget, and a lot of other apps out, I finally settled on [app]Active Money Pro[/app]. I was always looking for great graphs, fast entry, multiple account support, currency support, and online back up. Active Money Pro has all that except online back up, which is coming in the next update. Unfortunately they don't have a lite version, but it's a top selling app in Japan, and I say it's good, so you know, it's good!