Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ol!ver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
I'm currently trying out BUDGT and Spendee, but both seem to have the same issue and I'm not sure of the best way around it.

I get paid once per calendar month, on the 25th. Because of that, I have to budget from the 25th of the month until the 24th of the following month.

Neither of the above apps seem to take that into account, and once the month rolls to the next, everything resets.

Does anyone know if any budget or finance apps take such a schedule into account, or do you know of a good way to work around the issue in other apps?

Cheers!

LaZyFLiP

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
I don't of any workarounds with the apps mentioned but I just tested with my go to finance app, iReconcile, and it seems to allow for what you're attempting to do.

Here's a screenshot for reference.

IMG_0054.PNG

IMG_0055.PNG

Ol!ver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Cheers, looks interesting.

I think I may have settled on Wally, as it seems to do just what I wanted. It's got its own rough edges though, so we shall see.

kingalexthe1st

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2013
Moneywiz is ace. I am paid on the 20th of each month and am currently travelling with my gf so I need to set a budget also. It's easy to use and keeps track of your spending in various categories and accounts against what budget you set. Well recommended.

Alex

Caithsith

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
Moneywiz is ace. I am paid on the 20th of each month and am currently travelling with my gf so I need to set a budget also. It's easy to use and keeps track of your spending in various categories and accounts against what budget you set. Well recommended.

Alex

Moneywiz look great. Can you check or uncheck something that is planned to happen incase it doesnt happen and you want to see the balance? Not sure if im clear enough

kingalexthe1st

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2013
Moneywiz look great. Can you check or uncheck something that is planned to happen incase it doesnt happen and you want to see the balance? Not sure if im clear enough

Kind of. You can set up a recurring payment, and pay it early if you want. you then have the option of reversing the payment if you want. It's not as easy as the checkbox method you've mentioned, but it is a possibility.

Alex

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.