Budgeting software (have already searched and read)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Batnut, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Batnut macrumors newbie

Hello all my wonderful Mac friends.

I was wondering you could help me with something that has been driving me crazy. I have searched this site and read all of the previous threads about budgeting software, and tried a few ect but I still can't find what I am looking for.

Essentially I want an app (I use a macbook air with Lion) that can look at my account and let me know what I am spending on what and budget accordingly. I thought I found it when I heard of MINT.COM yet that is US and CANADA only and I am based in the UK.

Any ideas for UK friendly programes that may help me to budget, plan and look at where my money goes?

Thanks

Batnut

2. Stewart21 macrumors regular

I have an ancient PC running Windows XP that I kept going for years to run Quicken 2000 because I could not find a suitable application that ran under later versions of Windows or OSX. As well as keeping track of personal finance I kept accounts for my wife's small business. The later Quicken products were rubbish.

I tried various apps and then in November 2011 I downloaded a 30-day try-out of iBank. It's not perfect, but it meets my needs and I think it might meet your needs. It is £39.99 but I think it's worth it. I was able to export 10 years of transactions from Quicken and import them into iBank with only a few errors on a minor account that were easily corrected.

Funnily enough I just opened the App Store to check the price and there was an update for iBank. So they are still working on it, unlike Intuit.

Stewart

3. Batnut thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Stewart. I have tried iBank and find it really complicated. Does anyone know of any others?