budgeting software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brentg33, Feb 16, 2008.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

hey, i want to start to make a budget for myself and was wondering what is the best free or pay software for this??? thanks
    brent

2. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Do you have iWork 08? I know Numbers has a pretty good budget template, although I haven't used it yet. There are probably some decent free apps out there. Try putting "free budgeting apps" in a search engine and see what comes up, maybe. Good luck,
    Morod

3. Slumbercub macrumors regular

Buddi and Cashbox are two free personal finance apps. You might want to take a look at iBank, Moneywell, Splasm Checkbook and Cha-Cing for more fully featured but commercial solutions.

4. bartelby macrumors Core

I got Cha-Ching with the MacHeist bundle. Found it quite confusing to use and the documentation was poor. Then searched around for others, found them all lacking in one respect or another. I went back to using the Excel Workbook I'd set up previously.

5. Rental01 macrumors newbie

Resurrecting dead threads for my own personal uses:

I tried cashbox and really didn't like it. I was going to use Quicken but I had heard that it was castrated in the mac version and if they're going to do that I don't want to spend the money on it until they take mac users seriously. Does anyone else have any options? I just started a job where I'm paid monthly and in our second month of getting paid like this I really need to get some sort of budgeting software.

Thanks!

6. jc0481 macrumors regular

I've got a solution for you

Just head on over to www.youneedabudget.com
    It has a windows version and a mac version. There is a downside to this. You will have to join the forum and sign up to be a beta tester for the mac version. Its not as full featured as windows version yet. They are both being rewritten in java. The founder of the website says he would like to release the final version of both windows and mac around the beginning of July. Hope that helps.

7. Rental01 macrumors newbie

Sweet! I'll check it out - thank you!

8. pbbaker123 macrumors regular

9. Rental01 macrumors newbie

Added to the "YNAB Pro" wait list and forums joined. :)

Thank you!

10. jc0481 macrumors regular