Buffalo Router- Mac Compatible???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Drpepper99uk, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Drpepper99uk macrumors member

Hello,

I think I may have bought a ADSL router that's not going to work with my iMac. Does anyone on here use a Buffalo router particulary model WHR HP G54. I've read a post on their website mentioning Apple hardware support, but all it really says in a nutshell is that they cannot guarantee it will work.

My intentions for using this router was to use my new Nintendo DS lite with the AOSS feature as my current Belkin router needs to be configured everytime in changing the encryption over to WEP from WPA 2, something which I'm not keen on doing, and I don't think that the Nintendo USB dongle will work straight off with OS X, leaving me with the task of using Windows under Parallels or Bootcamp just to run the dongle if I was to buy it.

Any info would be appreciated.

2. MikeTheC Guest

MikeTheC

Gallifrey -- Capitol City, Prydonian Sector
    Lots of manufacturers (particularly the ones which maintain no Mac-oriented tech support staff or databases) all make that sort of disclaimer.

Yes, it'll work just fine. It's an 802.11g router, why wouldn't it work?

BTW, that router happens to be one of the favorites of the DD-WRT crowd these days, and makes a great piece of hardware to nuke and set up with their open-source replacement firmware. This gives you a considerably greater feature set and, in a sense, practically an enterprise-class router.