Buffalo Select memory compatability in Macs

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nigrunze, Jun 1, 2008.

1. nigrunze macrumors regular

Hi. I live in Canada and I would prefer to avoid random customs charges by ordering stuff from the U.S. . I'm trying to help a friend get some more memory for his 1st generation Core Duo MacBook because 512MB of RAM these days just isn't much. Since it's a Core Duo, it'll support a maximum of 2GB so that's what I'd like to get.

Since Macs can sometimes be picky about memory and their SPD timings, I'd like some opinions if possible. I've heard that Kingston Value RAM can be hit and miss with whether or not it works, so I was wondering if Buffalo Select modules are similar in that aspect.

NCIX is selling 1GB Buffalo Select modules at $20 per GB. Has anyone ever had any problems with Buffalo Select memory in Macs or anything like that?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

3. nigrunze thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your help and quick response. My main concern was if the RAM arrives and doesn't work at all so we would end up needing to return it. Hopefully that doesn't end up happening.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

More likely it won't work because of a manufacturing flaw rather than any timing issues but its always possible.