Buffalo Tech RAM, Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yhmo85, Mar 1, 2008.

1. yhmo85 macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm new to the forums. I'm a student in my last year of college and I was thinking of getting an iMac and or a MBP before I graduate. My school has an Apple certified retail store where I can get my student discount on Apple Products. My question concerns the fact that the school store offers apple certified RAM made by Buffalo Technologies. I've noticed that the people here as well as the site has recommended a few brands such as Crucial, etc., but I've not seen anyone mention Buffalo Tech RAM. I was wondering if anyone here knows about the reliability of this brand or could lead me to a site that has ratings. I've tried resellerratings.com but there doesn't seem to be a rating for it or I just haven't navigated correctly. My school store has stated that Buffalo Tech's RAM has a lifetime warranty, but I would rather buy good RAM than possibly bad RAM with a lifetime warranty (which means constant trips to replace it).

In any case, I hope I'm just being paranoid about it and someone can give me advice about what I should do.

2. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I've used this RAM before, not for my MacBook but for my Old PC. It's great! It hasn't failed yet. If it does I have a Lifetime Warranty anyways, its guaranteed that they will fix it or give me a new one, so Buffalo is good you should buy it, especially if it's cheap. There are many brands out there and I think it's just the name that is different because hey, its RAM. lol

3. yhmo85 thread starter macrumors newbie

I see, thanks for the input. It is fairly cheap compared to the other brands so I guess it is better to get it than order my own and install it on my own.

4. greg555 macrumors 6502a

5. yhmo85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info Greg. Now to wait for the penryn iMac upgrade to happen maybe next week and give it a 2-3GB boost in RAM.