Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ISO:HELP

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Hello all

Just wanted to say that I am totally amazed with xbmc and everything that comes with it..I have only been playing with it in my free time...

Also wanted to say that I have learned a lot from this forum just by reading all of the threads! I am fully amazed at how well everyone works together here..

I am still very much a n00bie @ this but am slowly learning.. Here are my specs

New macbook 10.6.5
Airport extreme with latest software
Newwork connection is decent 1 Mb down 500 or so up
Jailbroke [AppleTV2] with Greenposion latest version
I have ssh'd into my device put in a few ad-ons such as bluecop and some google tv

I am able to NAS..

What I am having issues with is that on some of the ad-ons there is an extreme amount of buffering...With Fastpasstv/Icefilms mainly..

Is there some settings i can adjust or some suggest path i can take for the buffering to slow down?

TIA!

Ed

flounder21

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2008
The South
I do notice some buffering on the few nick jr sources however all others are working fine. It may be the wireless connectivity that you are using. I can do the wireless but I prefer the consistency of the going wired.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
I do notice some buffering on the few nick jr sources however all others are working fine. It may be the wireless connectivity that you are using. I can do the wireless but I prefer the consistency of the going wired.

Hey thanks for that!

I actually was thinking about getting a hardwire straight from my router> apple tv.I really hope that corrects the situation!!!!

Are there any patches or other remedies people have come across?

BTW XBMC rules....

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Hey thanks for the response flounder..

I just got off the XBMC forums and those folks said that I need a minimal of 5 MB down to get the 720 HD streaming.

I just did a speed test over the wireless and got 17 mbps down and 2.54 up..

But when I do bit torrent I only am getting about 1 mb down and 500KB up....

What could I be doing wrong?

I just plugged in a wire from my apple tv2>Airport extreme...Is there some other type of configuration I should be doing?

Once again totally lost...

Screenshot2011-02-26at113717AM.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.