Buffering issues

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by geoffpalmeruk, Feb 24, 2014.

1. geoffpalmeruk macrumors regular

geoffpalmeruk

Hi All,

I have an apple TV3 linked up to my wifi network, I have all my media on an external HDD connected to a G4 Mac Mini.

I used to be loving it but now it takes so long to buffer even a single SD episode (last time i timed it it was around 17mins for a 35 min show)

I have rebooted the router, Rebooted the mac mini and turned off the HDD and back on, I have reset the Apple TV and run disk checks (Verify) on both the internal hdd and the external one.

Still no change. Any further advice?

It may be co-incidence but i noticed it taking a lot longer since the broadband got disconnected.:eek::confused:

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

3. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

Have you tried wired?

Also check your IP address. I had some problems with other devices connecting and stealing the IP that my ATV had. I had to set it with a static address on my router to alleviate this from happening again.

Same sypmtoms though. Would just randomly start buffering and disconnect. Quick look at my connected devices showed a guest at my house connected to my wifi and took the IP slated for my ATV.

4. lexvo macrumors 65816

Yes, check your network first.

If it isn't the network, try downgrading the firmware of the Apple TV to 5.3. This helped me when I had Airplay issues.