Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geoffpalmeruk

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
Hi All,

I have an apple TV3 linked up to my wifi network, I have all my media on an external HDD connected to a G4 Mac Mini.

I used to be loving it but now it takes so long to buffer even a single SD episode (last time i timed it it was around 17mins for a 35 min show)

I have rebooted the router, Rebooted the mac mini and turned off the HDD and back on, I have reset the Apple TV and run disk checks (Verify) on both the internal hdd and the external one.

Still no change. Any further advice?

It may be co-incidence but i noticed it taking a lot longer since the broadband got disconnected.:eek::confused:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago

PM-Performance

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
Have you tried wired?

Also check your IP address. I had some problems with other devices connecting and stealing the IP that my ATV had. I had to set it with a static address on my router to alleviate this from happening again.

Same sypmtoms though. Would just randomly start buffering and disconnect. Quick look at my connected devices showed a guest at my house connected to my wifi and took the IP slated for my ATV.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Yes, check your network first.

If it isn't the network, try downgrading the firmware of the Apple TV to 5.3. This helped me when I had Airplay issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.