Bug Address in Contacts Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mabal972, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Mabal972 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I cannot enter a address in the contacts?
    When I put my finger on "Enter a address", the contact application close...

I have send my Iphone 4 to Apple, they send me a new one, and I have the same problem???

Thanks for your help

Mabal972
    Martinique

2. Mabal972 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. draz macrumors 6502a

Forgive me as I don't know French very well (yet should know it since I'm in Canada :p)

Click the + Add new Field and see if e-mail is listed there then select that. I am not sure what that translates to in French but it should be right below the option you are tapping on.

4. Mabal972 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello Draz

Yes I can add a new field,
    Do you mean that I can enter the Postal Address there?

Thank's for your help

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Weird! it only happens when you want to put a postal address or does it crash w/ the other tabs also? Did you run an upgrade firmware recently? jb? did you set it up as new or updated? updated data from 3GS to iPhone 4? did you had any problems when installing the firmware? It seems something happen that messed it up! you could try to restore as a NEW phone to see if that fixes it or reset all in the settings submenu (which will erase everything and if jb don't do it, instead do a restore as NEW from iTunes...)

6. draz macrumors 6502a

You can try entering some information into the contact such as their name and then try to enter the Postal Address from the option you are tapping on that is causing it to close.

It could be a bug, but I haven't been able to reproduce it. I even changed my language to various French settings and nothing...

You can try to restore your iPhone, or the next time you go to an Apple Store, show this to a Genuis and see what they say.

Sorry I thought you wanted to enter their e-mail address and not the Postal Address.. my mistake :(

Good luck though!

7. Mabal972 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good News

I made a restauration on my PC in 4.1 and the bug is resolved

Thank's to all