Bug? Firefox 3 on Leopard = no rich text in TinyMCE

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrjohncory, Aug 26, 2008.

1. mrjohncory macrumors newbie

At my job we all use Macs to copy and paste a lot of text from emails into a TinyMCE CMS. Unfortunately, Firefox 3 kills our ability to copy and paste rich text into our CMS from Thunderbird on a Mac.

This worked fine in Firefox 2 on Mac. It also works fine on Firefox 3 on Windows.

So, I've been using FF2 alongside Minefield (FF 3 clone) by way of MultiFireFox so that I could have 2 and 3 running at the same time ever since 3 came out and made my job impossible.

But I'm sick of running them at the same time and am looking for help understanding the issue so that I can take it up with bug chasers or extension writers to get a better fix. I've heard that the issue has something to do with the cocoa clipboard and FF3 -- not TinyMCE. I have heard this verbally and have not been able to find evidence via Google.

If anyone can help explain this problem and possible solutions, thanks very much. Also, if anyone can happen to point me to a download link for the latest Firefox 2, that would be great; an update overwrote my last version they killed the dl link on the mozilla site afaik.