Bug Found-iBooks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dspalton, Jun 28, 2010.

1. dspalton macrumors 6502a

Downloaded iBooks, and a sample from the bookshop.

If i change the brightness within iBooks to full, then exit the app, brightness stays full.
    To rectify, heading back into settings -> Brightness it still shows as the original brightness, but taping the bar makes it return to normal.

Anyone else have this?

David

2. iphonecrazyful macrumors member

I had the same problem i turned the brightness right down in ibooks and then quit the app, thinking the brightness would reset itself, and it didnt. So i had to guess my way back into setting to turn it back up. Very annoying.

3. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

I think it has to do with the fact that the app backgrounds and freezes, and doesn't reset the brightness when it is told to go into the background like it should.

4. cloudberrybrew macrumors regular

they'll update the app and fix it most likely

5. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

That's a good theory. Does killing the app change the brightness?

6. stuckinneutral macrumors member

I just tested that theory (sounded logical) but it did not work. I still had to go to settings and touch brightness bar... touched the circle and it adjusted itself to what it shouldve been already.

7. f00f macrumors 65816

Found a bug? Think Apple should know about it? Report it. Be sure to change "Feedback Type" to Bug Report.

8. kyleaa macrumors regular

I found this bug this weekend and I absolutely love it. The lowest brightness setting on the iPhone/iPad is wayyy too bright for me in some situations, and I hate that its a purely arbitrary limit since iBooks can clearly go lower.

Granted, I would much rather that they fix this bug while allowing you to set brightness lower in the settings, but I'll take what i can get.

9. WilliamG macrumors G3

The brightness CAN'T get lower. If you bring up the iPod controls etc when the "brightness" is low, you can see the actual text is the same brightness as the lowest your system can go. All the brightness setting in iBooks is doing is introducing more grey, kind of how the OS X app Shades does it.

10. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

I wouldn't have expected it to work, personally.

The code path for 1.0 was:

- On exit, restore old brightness settings.

The code path for 1.1 on the iPad hasn't changed. The code path for 1.1 on the iPhone doesn't give it a chance to exit unless it is being closed out normally, I don't think.

11. kyleaa macrumors regular

No matter how it is doing it, the overall effect is the same, the screen gives off less light.

12. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

I don't know if this has been said before but I don't really like the pinch to zoom. I prefer the Safari like tap to zoom. Just a pet peeve I guess. I've been reading a lot of digital magazines and have noticed.

13. WilliamG macrumors G3

Oh I agree. I really wish we could turn the iPad system brightness down like iBooks "fakes" it...