iPhone Bug found in Block Caller

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bradkb, Dec 26, 2013.

1. bradkb macrumors member

Hey all,

How many of us use the Blocked Caller feature on IOS7?

I am currently running 7.04 on my iPhone5, and have been very happy with it, except for the voicemails being allowed, but its a start.

The blocking text messages feature could do with extra work.

You can still receive SMS Text messages from a contact even when they are blocked!

Apple have made it that a blocked caller, the SMS part only applied to Mobile Phone numbers, so those stored as "Mobile".

I had a contact that I blocked, but he still managed to send me a text from his Home Phone (landline) and it got through. It was not until I edited his details and changed all his numbers to "Mobile" that it worked across all.

Reported to apple, see what they do.

Brad

2. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

If I need to block someone, I log into my Sprint account and block them from texting and/or calling me. Pretty easy and stops the offender dead in their tracks.

I thought all the major carriers had this ability but I see posts fairly often from people on AT&T and Verizon and apparently they either don't know it exists, or it really doesn't exist. A pretty basic feature to not have if you ask me.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not everyone has that. A lot of those that do still only have a temporary block that's only good for 90 days and only for about 5 numbers at a time. Plus it's certainly less convenient than being able to quickly do it and manage it all on your phone directly and eve without a connection.

4. bradkb thread starter macrumors member

None of the UK carriers offer this as far as I know.

Certainly Orange and EE do not.

Seems Apple forgot that Landlines can also SMS, certainly here in the UK you can send and receive SMS from your home phone.

5. seble macrumors 6502a

Very true, Bt reads them out!