Bug in Activity Monitor?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flopticalcube, Jul 14, 2007.

1. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I think I have found a bug in Activity Monitor and would like to confirm it. I have AM set as a start up item in the dock. The icon is set to memory usage. Every time I first start up, the icon is missing. Anyone else seen this?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Can you explain a little more? Do you mean that AM is not in the dock on startup? Is it running? Or do you mean that it's in the dock, but you're not getting a dock icon monitor output?

3. flopticalcube thread starter macrumors G4

flopticalcube

AM is in the dock and running, but there is no icon, only a space where the icon (in my case memory usage) should be. The heading "Activity Monitor" is present along with the black triangle underneath.

4. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

Cannot confirm. I have it set to start at login, and show memory usage, and that has worked for me every time.

Not sure how to help. Care to elaborate?

5. flopticalcube thread starter macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Thanks for your input. What version of Activity Monitor are you running? I am running 1.5.3 (58) on 10.4.10 on a C2D MB.

I just log in and AM starts up but no icon shows. I also have the floating CPU window running vertically.