Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I wanted to move from Google contacts to iCloud contacts. After the transition I noticed that some of my assigned pics for contacts were missing in iCloud.com. I tried adding them back in on my iPhone but they just wouldn't show up in iCloud. After many wasted hours of messing with it I think I have come to the conclusion that some rotated images from other cameras can't be used after rotating into the correct orientation.

It seems any picture from a third party camera that needs rotating to orient it correctly, completely screws up the contacts/iCloud link. The picture un-rotated works perfectly but rotating it anywhere else (on the iPhone, in Photoshop, in Windows) completely breaks the link. I also tried changing the file type to PNG, BMP, TIFF and neither of those work.

The thing that completely baffles me is taking a screen shot of the image breaks the link also (that one I just can't figure out as a screen shot should be a completely independent image).

On top of that my battery started to drain very fast when this error state happens. I would be more than happy to send anyone some sample pics if they want to try and tackle this.

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2011
if i had an icloud back up and then i deleted one contact off my phone, then did another back up would it add it back to my phone or delete it from the cloud too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.