Bug in iTunes 11.1.2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adnbek, Oct 22, 2013.

1. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

With the latest iTunes, the up and down arrows allowing you to see the different actions iTunes is taking (downloads, playback, syncing, etc.) is broken for me. Stuck on the Apple logo. Same for you guys?

Attached Files:

2. jaqueh macrumors member

yeah wtf

3. furi0usbee macrumors 68000

furi0usbee

That's the least of my problems.. my sound is all distorted, bass mostly. I turned on Come Together by The Beatles, and my left channel was all distortion.

4. jaqueh macrumors member

The display thing just stopped, but there's more sound coming out of the left

5. stan1028 macrumors member

stan1028

Having this issue too! Hopefully it is fixed soon!

6. Drewski macrumors regular

Just tried the same song. No distortion here, but the volume is considerably lower, say 25% lower, regardless of the setting. It's not just that song, but everything in iTunes is quieter now.

7. NeroAZ macrumors regular

I must be lucky, song plays fine no distortion, and my arrow keys are working fine. :D

8. furi0usbee macrumors 68000

furi0usbee

Yeah, I played around with EQ settings, opening closing the EQ window, standing on my head, etc... and the sound seems back to normal. I have no idea if the few restarts I did or messing with the EQ did anything, but bass is back to normal on left channel. Other people have same issue on Apple Discussions, so there is def something strange going on. Glad it's fixed for me. I will be doing a clean install this weekend, so hopefully any nagging issues get resolved.

Only major issue for me now is that Preview no longer displays images at retina resolution, like 10.8 did (I have a 15" rMBP). If I take a screenshot and view with Preview, it will show 1:1 in retina form. But if I take that image, then save it in say Pixelmator, Preview now shows it not at retina, but double-size (pixelated). All my images in Preview do not show Retina sizing. But Pixelmator still honors the retina sizing.

This goes for every image I use Preview to view. 10.8 Preview shows them at retina resolution, 10.9 blows them up 2x. Hopefully an easy fix, as I use Preview to preview my retina images before I upload them for the web. I'll have to use Pixelmator to preview them until this is fixed, or maybe it's the new feature. Maybe Preview for 10.8 was incorrectly showing retina images?

Bryan

9. adnbek thread starter macrumors 65816

adnbek

My original issue seems to have fixed itself. iTunes status bar working fine now.

10. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Any idea how/why?

I have the same issue... I rebooted iTunes and it still is doing this. I also can't seem to successfully do a Wi-fi sync =/

11. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

I am having an issue where the arrow next to the playing track does not show up when I try to click it to go to current track.

Is this an issue with that area in iTunes? We should make a bug list and report bugs to apple.

12. MogMoogle macrumors newbie

I was having the same issue so I re-downloaded iTunes from the Apple web site which has the same version number (11.1.2) but a newer build number (32) - since then it's been fine.