bug in photo portrait mode ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cyrano, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Cyrano macrumors newbie

I have many photos loaded into my unit.

In landscape orientation, all display sized to fit on the screen with no cropping -- i.e., they are letterboxed as needed to fit the entire image on the screen.

However, in portrait orientation, some images are displayed scaled up a bit to fill the screen. In order to see the entire image, I must "pinch down."

Is this normal behavior? If so, is there some method to change the default behavior, so that in portrait orientation images are always scaled to fit entirely on the screen?

2. FMP macrumors newbie

Same behaviour

Indeed I noticed the same on my new iPod Touch bought last week.

Any idea on fixing is most welcome.

3. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I would turn off synching for photos and re-sync them to the device. My ipod displays photos just fine in any orientation. It scales to fit the image, but when I "pinch in" the photo just gets smaller and then goes back to the way it was.

4. FMP macrumors newbie

OK. So it´s kinda normal behaviour of Photos app.

This is annoying when you want to have a slideshow and just see the entire picture, without the need to rescale it every time.

As default it takes the height of the picture and cuts the exceeding lateral pieces to fill the screen all over. I guess this should be at least corrected and inserted into the settings.