Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
hi

I was wanting too no if any one else has this bug in YouTube where it will not show full screen why you are on the 4k dolby vision I this now noticed this bug with TV OS 14.4 I all ready tried too moved the app in re install but some issue I all so notice that this the same issue on all the 4k settings on the apple TV so am seeing if any one else has this issue

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 90

JasonHB

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2010
Warwickshire, UK
hi

I was wanting too no if any one else has this bug in YouTube where it will not show full screen why you are on the 4k dolby vision I this now noticed this bug with TV OS 14.4 I all ready tried too moved the app in re install but some issue I all so notice that this the same issue on all the 4k settings on the apple TV so am seeing if any one else has this issue
I have this bug as well but it’s not connected to Dolby Vision.

I run my ATV in SDR and match frame rate and match content so it switches over to HDR when required.

I have had this happen with YT 3 times and a ATV reboot sorts the issue.

I don’t know what the catalyst is to cause this, but you’re not on your own

Jason

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
hi

I would recommend setting to 4K SDR and let match dynamic range take care of HDR & DV.
The issue you’ve got with setting it to 4KDV is that your forcing a fake DV on the apps that don’t support dynamic range matching, YouTube is one of those apps that doesn’t support it. YouTube also doesn’t currently support HDR/DV on AppleTV either.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
I would recommend setting to 4K SDR and let match dynamic range take care of HDR & DV.
The issue you’ve got with setting it to 4KDV is that your forcing a fake DV on the apps that don’t support dynamic range matching, YouTube is one of those apps that doesn’t support it. YouTube also doesn’t currently support HDR/DV on AppleTV either.
hi thanks has stated above all 4k settings have the same issue of not displaying full screen with the YouTube app

snow755

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
hmm the issue seems too be fixed not for the time being the 4k setting now work the work around for right now is too restart the apple TV

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.