Bug/Insect in MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macvy Ricky, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Macvy Ricky macrumors member

What are the chances of a bug getting into a 13" Unibody MBP? I mean, where are the places it could get in through? :apple: :confused:

2. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

Ha, I thought you meant a hardware bug, you mean like an actual insect? Depends how small the creature is :S.

3. Macvy Ricky thread starter macrumors member

Well like a small fly. I mean the ports on the computer dont really allow access to inside of the computer but the only way I can think is the exhaust - but if the fan is on even at normal speed, I dont think a fly would want to get in there.

4. LastZion macrumors 6502a

I've seen pics of ants in the old MBPs, guess he could get in through the expansion port...

5. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

I found a few dead bugs in a Powerbook G4 15" 1.67Ghz when I opened it up. The outside of the machine was immaculate, I was surprised and grossed out to find them there. Maybe they're drawn to the warmth? Or perhaps the buzzing and whirring coming from inside sounds like mating calls? :p

6. Macvy Ricky thread starter macrumors member

What kind of bugs were they?

I am just trying to understand through what area do they get in. When I look at my MBP I can only think of the exhaust or through the keyboard opening under the keys.

7. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Are you anticipating a insect burrowing its way into your Mac? Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

I thought my OCD was bad...

Habitus :apple: