Bug - iPhone 4 starts playing music through earpiece during call

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ryannazaretian, Aug 13, 2010.

1. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

This is a rather annoying bug.

Say you're driving down the road in your car that has an iPod/iPhone connector built in.

Well, you're talking on the phone but the battery is getting low. What do you do? You plug it into your cable of course.

Uh oh, you start hearing "Bedrock" by Young Money playing over the voice of your girlfriend.

You tell her to hold.

You double tap your home button and swipe over the the music controls, but they're grayed out.

Crap!

You tell your girlfriend you have to go for a second because you can't hear her because you're iPhone started playing music over her. You can't hear what she says, so you just hang up.

Then the music is routed to your stereo. GREAT...

You call her back and she's pissed that you hung up on her.

Yea, that pretty much sums it up. Stupid bug. It's repeatable too.

2. ryannazaretian thread starter macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

3. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

Not really a bug per se, it happens to me but I just change the source on my Alpine Head Unit to Tuner or CD instead of iPod/iPhone.

It keeps the phone charging and the music stops playing.

4. cobra5mil macrumors member

Same thing happens with me sometimes with Pandora or Slacker. I just tell them to hold for a second and I go into the music player and pause the music.

5. jess127 macrumors member

happened to me too... all you have to do is either pause the song on your car's player (not the phone) or just switch it to fm/cd like others said. Cheers :D

6. ryannazaretian thread starter macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Haven't tried that, but I don't understand how it's not a bug to allow music to play through the earpiece during a call.

From my OP, "You double tap your home button and swipe over the the music controls, but they're grayed out."

Using stock HU, no pause button. Like RRmalvado said, I can possibly switch to FM or some other source.

7. cobra5mil macrumors member

You have to open the actual music player and pause it. That stupid thing in the task switcher is useless.

8. ryannazaretian thread starter macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Hmm, that works!

9. lakerholic macrumors newbie

I have this issue (did not have it on 3G or 3Gs) and have had it with 4.0 and 4.1

Except, it's not that easy to pause music when you have the phone docked to your car's iPod jack. In my case, the only way to stop the music playing in the background is to disconnect my iPod dock cable from the phone. Which then also causes the bluetooth connect/disconnect issue on the phone.

Hopefully 4.2 fixes this. November is so far away...