iPhone Bug: Message Sound Not Received in Lock Screen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by theBigD23, Mar 15, 2014.

1. theBigD23, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014

theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

Hello... I just started having this issue in 7.1, but it started a few days after updating. I have sounds to on and maxed. However, when I receive a text, it won't give me the text messages sound. I tested and the sound plays when I'm in the phone, but if the screen is locked, the message will just display. There won't be a sound and the screen won't light up at all.

I've restarted multiple times, closed apps, but nothing.

Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: this also happens to Mail and other alerts. Essentially, I'm not getting any sound alerts when the phone is locked.

2. blarivee macrumors 6502

I get notification sounds on the lock screen. It is possible your upgrade to 7.1 got corrupted.

3. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm probably going to erase and restore.

4. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, I restored the iPhone and it still won't do it. Not sure what happened.

5. blarivee macrumors 6502

It is possible your backup is corrupted. You can restore as new and before you restore backup, try to get someone to send a message to you. If you get a notification sound, it means your backup is corrupted.

6. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I figured out the bug. It's a bug with Do Not Disturb. I had DND set to only be scheduled from 1 am PST to 6 am PST. However, it was blocking all sounds at other times. I turned it off and then on, phone started receiving sound again.