Bug report (fast app switch; YouTube-Safari)

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vastoholic, Dec 31, 2010.

1. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Figured this would be better fit topic here than in General discussion. I've already sumitted a bug report to apple last week, just wondered if anyone had this problem.

I seem to have narrowed it down to only happening after i click on a youtube link within safari. It doesn't happen if I go into YouTube from the my home screen. But upon going back to Safari by either using the multitasking bar or pressing the home button first, the whole screen below my menu bar in Safari is white, like it's trying to load the page still, but it's not. I can hit the pages button to bring up my open pages and the same portion of the screen is still blank. It will remain this way until i have my open pages screen up and tap in the white area and Safari will "crash", but reopen just fine.

So if anyone can recreate the problem by:
    -click on YouTube link in Safari
    -watch all or part of video
    -switch back to Safari using either multitasking bar or home screen

2. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

OMG! I thought I was the only one with this problem! Have you ever tried to go to the videos app and then the whole screen go black?!

3. vastoholic thread starter macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I haven't had that problem yet. I'll look out for it.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Tried that and got nothing. Not sure why you're getting it.

5. vastoholic thread starter macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Well here's my stats. 16GB wifi only, running 4.2.1, but was previously jail broken on 3.2 with green poison i think.

6. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Here are my stats: 16GB WIFI only running 4.2.1. When the beta versions for the iPad were out I upgraded that way until the official version came out then I updated to the official version.

7. vastoholic thread starter macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Crap, I think I may have upgraded to the beta a few days before the official release. Don't remember where I got it from. I want to say I did restored it though and did a clean install of the public release.

8. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Maybe that's it. Maybe all we need to do is restore but I believe I restored to 3.2.X and then upgraded to the official release too but I'm not sure