Bug stuck in screen! - UMB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by courboy, Jul 16, 2009.

1. courboy macrumors regular

I already made a threat about having some small bugs crawling in my LED ACD a few weeks ago. Thankfully I managed to get rid of them with using a heat lamp however, much was my despair when I turned on my Macbook this morning and there is a dead one stuck right on the screen.

I have had a few problems with this laptop and it's due to go to the apple store on the 25th July to have the logic board replaced as it completely freezes at random intervals when playing games or watching videos. This is another matter and I have read other threads which state the problem is with the graphics card, no the logic board - still I have to let Apple try this.

My question is, what shall I do now? The bug looks like 2/3 dead pixels although it's clearly not. Do I mention this when I have the logic board replaced or do I call Apple Care?

To be honest this is my first Mac and as much as I love it, I'm pretty shocked that bugs are able to get into the screen, this has never happened on my previous 4 PC laptops.

2. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Weird. Tell Apple, might be easy to take off the glass cover and remove any bugs.

3. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

Sounds tragic! I hope that Apple will cover it if bugs have gotten into the computer.
    Hopefully the logic board problem isn't caused by those same bugs that have inhabited your screen and I know many companies won't cover repair costs due to "infestation."

Good luck with that and let us know what Apple says.

P.S. - did you ever get your problem resolved with your 24" screen?