[Bug] watchOS 6.0 Beta 1 Unable to Update Watch

NinjaEagle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2018
Apple Watch Series 1 42mn running watchOS 6 Beta 1

iPhone XS Max running iOS 13.0 Beta 1

Hello, so I am currently running iOS 13.0 Beta 1 and watchOS 6 Beta 1 but for some reason. I am not able to update my watch and it says that my Apple Watch is up to date.

I was originally on iOS 13.1 Beta 3 and realized the bug related to Apple Watch unpairing after Beta 7, etc.

I was on iOS 13.1 Beta 3 and my Apple Watch was still on beta 1.

So I completely downgraded my iPhone XS Max to iOS 13.0 Beta 1 and repaired my Watch that is still on watchOS 6 Beta 1. I reinstalled the watchOS beta profile and successfully went through the prompts of accepting the terms, putting my password, and restarting the watch. The only issue I have is the fact that whether it’s on my phone or watch, when I go to the Software Update tab and try updating, it always says that my Apple Watch is up to date.

I don’t know if this has to do with anything but inside my Apple Watch App under Profiles, it shows 2 when I only have 1 profile installed.

I tried every method including deleting the profile, reinstalling, etc, erasing network settings, turning on airplane mode on both devices, but no use...

If anyone can help, that would be great! Thank you!

BillGates1969

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
Bournemouth
Apple Watch Series 1 42mn running watchOS 6 Beta 1

iPhone XS Max running iOS 13.0 Beta 1

Hello, so I am currently running iOS 13.0 Beta 1 and watchOS 6 Beta 1 but for some reason. I am not able to update my watch and it says that my Apple Watch is up to date.

I was originally on iOS 13.1 Beta 3 and realized the bug related to Apple Watch unpairing after Beta 7, etc.

I was on iOS 13.1 Beta 3 and my Apple Watch was still on beta 1.

So I completely downgraded my iPhone XS Max to iOS 13.0 Beta 1 and repaired my Watch that is still on watchOS 6 Beta 1. I reinstalled the watchOS beta profile and successfully went through the prompts of accepting the terms, putting my password, and restarting the watch. The only issue I have is the fact that whether it’s on my phone or watch, when I go to the Software Update tab and try updating, it always says that my Apple Watch is up to date.

I don’t know if this has to do with anything but inside my Apple Watch App under Profiles, it shows 2 when I only have 1 profile installed.

I tried every method including deleting the profile, reinstalling, etc, erasing network settings, turning on airplane mode on both devices, but no use...

If anyone can help, that would be great! Thank you!
Have you tried updating your iPhone to a later beta of 13.0? Maybe the watch beta will match the beta version of the phone?

tony_glasgow

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015
UK
"Apple today has released the GM seed for watchOS 6 to developers.

The release has been slightly delayed for the Apple Watch Series 1 and 2, with Apple saying the update is coming later this fall."

NinjaEagle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2018
"Apple today has released the GM seed for watchOS 6 to developers.

The release has been slightly delayed for the Apple Watch Series 1 and 2, with Apple saying the update is coming later this fall."
Thank you for that information. So if I just stay on Beta 1 on my Apple Watch and update my iPhone and wait for the actual GM for Series 1 and 2, will I be able to actually update to Gm from a Beta so far behind?

tony_glasgow

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015
UK
Thank you for that information. So if I just stay on Beta 1 on my Apple Watch and update my iPhone and wait for the actual GM for Series 1 and 2, will I be able to actually update to Gm from a Beta so far behind?
I don't see why not, but worst case I'd presume it would just download the full Watch OS 6 (GN) update when it becomes available. Earlier poster is correct though, you need to run latest beta/GM of IOS to get current beta/GM of Watch OS so make sure you're up to date.