Bug with Cover Flow on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kcheung, Jul 24, 2007.

1. kcheung macrumors newbie

I have a compilation album that I transferred from iTunes to my iPhone. For instance, the compilation album is titled 'Red Hot + Blue' and in the iTunes cover flow view it is shown correctly, i.e., one album cover (compilation tag set to Yes) and it is displayed as 'Red Hot + Blue' on the first line and 'Various Artists' on the second line. However, in the Cover Flow view on my iPhone, instead of being labeled as in iTunes, it was displayed as 'Neneh Cherry' (name of the artist of the first song) on the first line and 'Red Hot + Blue' on the second line, and it is located as the last album in the cover flow view.

Does anyone have similar problem with compilations on iPhone? Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Kenny

2. Chakalaka macrumors member

Your real problem is that you listen to Neneh Cherry:p

Actually i don't think you have a problem. I bet in itunes you are viewing coverflow by album title not artist. In iphone coverflow it is listed by artist.

if that isn't correct after inserting that song into your playlist that synchs to your iphone, get info and change what is needed to list it how you prefer. Of course this will only work if you delete the song, re-synch to remove the song, then insert song to playlist-make changes then synch again to add the song.

3. kcheung thread starter macrumors newbie

I tired viewing coverflow by artists on iTunes and it does show the info correctly, i.e., first line is 'Red Hot + Blue' and the second line is 'Various Artists' for the song by Neneh Cherry, which is expected as the album has the compilation flag set to true so it should not display the artist info...

Any idea? Any one has a compilation album uploaded to iPhone and the coverflow is correct???

Kenny

4. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

I have the same problem and it is really annoying since the iPhone is out since mid 2007 and Apple hasn't fixed it yet.