Bug with Expose 4 Finger Gestures Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BigOrangeSU, Aug 30, 2009.

1. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

Hi,
    I am using a Macbook Unibody. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue with using 4 finger gesture to enter expose. Sometimes when I use the gesture It like rebounds. This means that it goes into expose and if I try to get out of expose using the 4 fingers it like goes out and goes in really fast. I either have to swipe the opposite way or do it again and some times again to get back to my desktop.

Anyone else experience?

2. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

Yes, same issue here.

3. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Yup, it's a bug that's been happening to just about everyone.

4. Ixesin macrumors newbie

Yep, I get that too, the 4 finger swipe up/down doesn't work as nice as in Leopard. I think this only occurs if you upgrade your OS from Leopard. People who have done clean installs don't seem to get this problem, hopefully Apple will fix this in their next update.

5. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Same here, but it doesn’t happen all the time.

I have to push up with 4 fingers to get the Windows to slide back over the Desktop.

6. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I got that issue too and I thought it was only present in people who upgraded from Leopard. I did a clean install and still have the issue. Very annoying. I hope Apple rolls out 10.6.1 soon.

7. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

8. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I'm having NO issues with my October 2008 MacBook. Besides, I've always swiped UP to enter Expose and DOWN to leave it, it only makes SENSE! Move your fingers up, your windows go up, move them down they come back down..

Anyway, no, no problems either way. Did you get the trackpad firmware update? Look for it in your Applications>Utilities folder.

9. sallythemac Guest

I have a Unibody Macbook 2.4Ghz, upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard, no problems with 4, 3 or 2 finger gestures.

10. tooz macrumors 6502

I have the answer...

I have the 2.4Ghz uMB, and had the same issue

what you need to do is, after you swipe up (or down) take your hand off.
    The bug happens when you try to swipe in the opposite direction leaving your hand on, and it repeats the first action again

11. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

I've been having the problems wit my four finger gestures too, but my trackpad tap to click isn't as sensitive as I remember it being. I find myself clicking down a bit more than I did on 10.5. Anyone else?

12. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Good spot.

I can replicate this. If I take my hand off after swiping up then swiping down works as expected.

13. Spirix macrumors newbie

I have been having the same problem too where swiping 4 fingers to activate expose and clear the screen have been giving me issues.

14. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

It works for me this way as well. I was initially having the same problem, but if I am more careful I don't have that problem. It's interesting. Maybe there should be some default with sensitivity options in the swipes or an option somewhere in System Preferences. It's just a thought.

15. Maxintech macrumors regular

Maxintech

Same issue with four finger expose after upgrade from Leopard.
    MBP 15" 2.66, 2008.

16. dyn macrumors 68030

Looking at the seed notes for 10.6.2 (take a look at the macrumors frontpage) there seems to be a fix for this bug. In other words: it's a known bug and will be fixed in 10.6.2 (no eta on the release).