Bug with Imovie 08. Can anyone import video without it quitting?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by looking4anotebo, Oct 18, 2007.

1. looking4anotebo macrumors 6502

I have a SR MBP 2.2 about 6 weeks old, and at the beginning I was using Imovie 08 and it was working pretty well, only problem is thumbnails would sometimes not generate properly.

So, a few weeks ago I install all the Ilife 08 updates, and I am now using Imovie 08 for the first time since the update, and the it is constantly quitting unexpectedly, mainly during importing via firewire.

I looked around and I see the discussion on the Apple forums and it appears that many people are having this problem. It appears to be the update that has made this program almost unusable.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I was able to do the import from my Sony Camera. I built the movie and was able to export, but it would freeze a number of times. I was in the process of force quitting when it came back.

I ultimately got it to work, but it was painful, I'm pretty dissapointed, since this is the first time I'm using 08. iMovie 06 was so much better...

3. MAW macrumors regular

since buying my imac yesterday i have yet to be able to successfully open imovie 08 for more than 3 minutes.

*crashed 3 times when converting iphoto video clips to thumbs
    *crashed 3 times for no apparent reason
    *when using isight to capture video it won't allow me to commence recording(something like "you do not have permission to save to (null)"

i will not be using this app!!!!

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I've had no problem using it for hours. Sorry to hear there are so many problems with everyone else. For me, it's far superior to iMovieHD, the workflow is just better.