Bugginess or defective (unhacked) iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by J@ffa, Nov 3, 2007.

1. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

My 16GB iPod Touch has an irritating habit of momentarily freezing and then dumping me out of whatever I'm doing and back to the dashboard/main menu (whatever it's called). One vaguely reproducible way is to scroll very quickly through either album or artist view in music, and an almost foolproof way is to be listening to music whilst browsing webpages on Wi-Fi.

Is this merely buggy iPod Touch behaviour that everyone's getting, or could something be wrong with it? I'm assuming the former, but I just wanted to check. It's all up to date, as is my 10.5-running Mac.

2. jo1970 macrumors newbie

I had a problem where my touch would randomly open apps. I would be listening to music and it would stop and go into safari or go into settings and start changing things. I sent it back and was given a replacement. You should get yours checked by Apple. You pay good money for these and they should be expected to work properly.

3. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

I noticed this problem on the iPhones at the Apple Store as well... is anyone eles having this issue?

4. J@ffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

Followup... I went to the iPod bar, explained it to them, and they replaced it! I must say I was surprised, given the number of horror stories I hear about across t3h interwebs, but I didn't even ask, and I even said I wasn't sure if it was real or just bugginess. The guy there was really helpful and said that he'd never heard of my problem before, but that it shouldn't do that.

My replacement hasn't done it yet, and seems to be a bit more responsive, but I haven't had it long enough to decide whether it's faster in a Safari Seems Snappier™ kind of way or if it's actually real. ;)