Buggy Facetime -- video only goes one way

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JonathanGennick, Mar 13, 2011.

1. JonathanGennick macrumors newbie

I have the Verizon-model iPhone. My son and I have been enjoying Facetime, especially when I travel. I should say that *I* am the one joying it, because he never sees any video from my end. When we connect a call, I get decent video of him, but he sees only a freeze-frame of me. Sometimes he doesn't even get the one frame, and his screen stays black during the entire call. Is there anything we can do to troubleshoot and/or correct the problem?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

What's the speed of the connection you both use?

3. JonathanGennick thread starter macrumors newbie

I've a 15Mbps connection through fiber-to-the-home. Our router was new in December, and is a Netgear something-or-other.

We experience the problem even when calling each other inside the house. Thus, I don't believe the speed of the connection *to* the house is even a factor.

The problem is consistent whether we are both inside the house, or whether one of us is actually distant. I see video. He doesn't.

4. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Why don't both of you go down to apple store and test it out there (free wi-fi), if still not working, than you can have the genius help you right there.

5. JonathanGennick thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but nearest Apple store is nine hours drive.

6. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Can you try it out at your friends house, MacDonnald, Starbucks and if fail, than you can call apple for an exchange.