Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
It was on the Today show this morning; they even told people, on-air, how to upgrade to iOS 13.1.3.

I'm really glad, because first of all, Apple deserves some serious criticism for this, and second, it'll pressure them to get their **** together and release more reliable software moving forward.

One would hope.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Almost everything iCloud related. Two out of four of my devices do not sync Safari. All right now are having Mail sync issues. Messages are disappearing from the All Inboxes and All Archive on my 11 Pro Max. With “Silemce Unknown Callers“ enabled every call that doesn’t ring through gets 2 notifications triggered. There is a lot more. Apple has hit a new low bar for the buggiest software I’ve ever experienced with them and I started with the very first iPhone. I thought iOS 11 was the low point, they outdid themselves here.

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
It’s just an excuse not to talk about brexit anymore haha

lol misread this as saying bbc. I blame iOS 13 for erm being too hard to read

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
This is the price for testing automation. You just make sure that everything is green, but you don't care about actual end-user experience. A bunch of monkey testers would have caught most bugs in no time...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This is the price for testing automation. You just make sure that everything is green, but you don't care about actual end-user experience. A bunch of monkey testers would have caught most bugs in no time...
There’s that aspect to it, there’s also the aspect that many things were actually caught or at least known about, just that divisions were made to have releases without addressing a variety of those things.

VitaminX67

Suspended
Sep 4, 2019
No issues here on either 13 or Catalina. Wouldn’t hold much credit to NBC reporting on anything.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
What really gets me is how many patches they've had for 13 already, when it took iOS 6 almost 2 months to get one. It's crazy how bad their quality control has gotten. Not that it was perfect before, Snow Leopard at launch wasn't so great. But it's just constantly happening now. Only iOS 12 was smooth, but that was because of 11 being such a nightmare.

Reactions: Feyl

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What really gets me is how many patches they've had for 13 already, when it took iOS 6 almost 2 months to get one. It's crazy how bad their quality control has gotten. Not that it was perfect before, Snow Leopard at launch wasn't so great. But it's just constantly happening now. Only iOS 12 was smooth, but that was because of 11 being such a nightmare.
To be fair, back in the day of iOS 6 there was also an aspect of Apple sitting on updates for a long time and various issues that were there weren’t addressed for quite a while because of that. That said, iOS 6 was generally a more stable release, factoring in the software being a fair bit more simpler compared to now, there being much much less in terms of hardware variations and software configurations, and a much smaller user base.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.