Buggy iOS 4.2 GM help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ishtahir, Nov 8, 2010.

1. ishtahir macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2 GM, and it is a little buggy and sluggish to 4.1..after upgrading my camera and photos app haven't worked and keep crashing. When on the keyboard you push the numbers key, there's about a 1-2 second lag, and it gets sooo annoying, and when you push down on a app or folder to move it takes forever for it to wiggle! What can I do?

2. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

First of all, for the record, if you aren't a developer OR don't know what you are doing, it's a better idea to wait till the actual release version comes out. I know that the GM version of software often contains most, if not all of the final release items, but if you truly are a rookie, just wait. It won't kill you.
    Now I know THAT doesn't solve your problem. Have you tried doing a hard reset? If not, try pressing and holding the HOMEe and ON/OFF button simultaneously till the phone shuts off and you begin to see it restart (usually about 30 seconds to one minute).
    When you see the silver Apple appear, you can release the buttons.
    See if that helps.

3. ishtahir thread starter macrumors newbie

lol by no means am I a rookie..lol I've had all the iPhones upgraded to all the softwares and keep up with apple and everything, I actually fix a bunch of iPhones for friends and what not, I am however a rookie developer..but maybe I phrased it wrong, i've tried everything and it doesn't fix the problem and I really need to use the camera on my phone on a daily basis but yeah I have contacted apple about it, but it seems that not everybody is having the problem so yeah..

4. iShorty macrumors regular

iShorty

5. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

6. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I probably should have made clear in my earlier post that I wasn't specifically addressing the OP. What I've seen lately is that a lot of people who ARE rookies download the GM version and think it will be trouble free and it isn't always that way.
    So caution is appropriate.