Buggy Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by tobyjq, Jan 18, 2012.

1. tobyjq macrumors newbie

I upgraded to Lion a while ago, and have had a set of little problems that take the shine off the experience...
    • One times in four (ish) that I start up the machine, it hangs as soon as I get to my wallpaper and icons. I don't have accounts set up, so it normally goes straight there, and I'm good to go. I have to hold the power button to force shut down the computer.
    • My iTunes artwork is all up to date, yet the iTunes artwork screensaver says that I have no artwork. Doesn't make sense...
    • Opening files into programs such as preview and Word for Mac, I get all the recently opened files instead of just the one I want.
    I've checked my drive for permissions and done a repair of them, as well as checking the whole disk - nothing reported. All my software is up to date.

Whilst the computer works pretty great still, these small issues make me suspect there's something more sinister lurking around the corner.

It's an early 2008 15 inch Macbook Pro, running Lion 10.7.2. The screen, optical drive, and logic board all got replaced in the last six months, before the Lion upgrade. Maybe the new logic board has a part to play?!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

2. jameslmoser macrumors 6502

yeah, I got a suggestion. Go back to Snow Leopard. :D

3. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I think that one you can go into preferences-->general and uncheck the "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps" setting.

4. wpotere Guest

Welcome to Lion, it is buggy as hell, pull up a chair and stay a while! :cool:

5. tobyjq thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, linuxcooldude - that was an obvious one!

I've uninstalled photoshop cs2, and that seems to have made a difference, as well as a getting rid of a startup application that cancelled the mac chime.

Figured that they were not 64-bit, so no point having, and potentially slowing things down.

Does that make sense at all? Is it worth checking for other 3rd party software that may be spoiling the 64 bit Lion party?