Bugs crawling around inside MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Warranty Voider, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Warranty Voider macrumors 6502

Recently I went on vacation to this lake house that my family rented. It was great except for the massive amounts of tiny flying bugs that were attracted to light. Since I usually watch movies on my MBP at night, they would all fly onto the screen. Some would fall off onto the hinge and proceed to crawl into the vents. The screen was easy to clean (I just used a damp cloth) but insects inside the vents were still bugging me (pun intended). I didn't want them all crawling around in there so I tried blasting my fans. That didn't work, so I decided to play some Call of Duty 4 and leave it on overnight to get it as hot as possible. When I got back, I opened it up to find about 7 bugs on and around the logic board. Fortunately, all of them were dead. They might have died from the lack of food, but the heat definitely didn't help.

This post is really just a suggestion to people who have the same problem. Try to kill the bugs with heat as soon as possible so they don't get into the DVD drive and other nooks and crannies, and don't be afraid to take your MBP apart and take them out 1 by 1.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics. Instead, just imagine a MBP logic board with a bunch of small dead insects scattered around it. ;)

2. Godzilla71 macrumors 6502

Godzilla71

So, doing some killing on Call of Duty 4 while killing some bugs at the same time. Impressive ;)
    or maybe It's a new version. Call of Duty 4.5 Modern Bug Invasion. :eek:

3. hamish5178 macrumors member

Wouldn't compressed air into the hinge have been much easier?

4. TheVidEditor macrumors regular

TheVidEditor

Did you happen to be eating a delicious meal, and then ichatted with someone, without wiping your mouth, and the crumbs fell into your macbook? It may be a far stretch, but hay anything is possible today! :D

5. Warranty Voider thread starter macrumors 6502

No, because that would have blown the bugs deeper into my MBP.

lol multitasking is fun. :)