Bugs in iOS 12

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by jwolf6589, Oct 28, 2018.

1. jwolf6589, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018

jwolf6589 macrumors 68000

jwolf6589

Anyone experiencing these bugs?

1. There is a few second delay when I open the settings app before I can do anything sometimes. I did not experience this lag in iOS 11 and experience it both on iPhone and iPad.

2. 2 of my 101 iBooks got duplicated upon moving to iOS 12. I called Apple on this one but I doubt they will fix it if it only affects a few users.

2. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Never experienced #1 on my X or Air2.. Can’t respond to #2

3. jockethebastard macrumors newbie

The first problem you described, I’m also experiencing the same thing.
    App Store is also very slow in opening, often crashes. Never had this problem with ios11.

When double clicking home button and get browse to safari it will show a some page that I haven’t visited in a long time, some kind of memory. That problem haven’t occurred since iOS 12, but now it seems to be implemented in apps like settings and AppStore. When doubleklicking the home button I can scroll to settings and it will show that I’m in iCloud settings for example, when opening it up it will throw me back to the startup page in settings. Super weird and annoying.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

5. chimelime macrumors regular

I’ve experience the settings app delay in the past, but this happened on ios11 and ios12. I’ll just sit there tapping the screen or trying to scroll. It doesn’t happen often though.

I haven’t experienced the second issue

6. jockethebastard macrumors newbie

12.1 did nothing for my issues. Overall it seems a bit quicker but the issues with opening apps is still there. Can’t ever open App Store without having to shut it down several times.

7. Banglazed macrumors demi-god

Banglazed

No issues with either. Have you tried to remove the duplicate iBook?

8. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 68000

jwolf6589

That may remove the originals so I have not tried.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 31, 2018 ---
    I never had the problem on IOS 11. It started on IOS 12 for me.

9. jockethebastard macrumors newbie

Neither have I, i have tried restoring the phone from iCloud backup. I was really hoping I would not have to “set up as new phone”, but it looks like I have to give it a try. Super annoying.

10. slwiser macrumors member

The search in this ios 12.+ is useless now. I can not get it to search on my pdf files. I always wants to search the web for books and not what is on my iPad of in my iCloud.

11. indieda macrumors newbie

indieda

Biggest problem I'm having with iOS 12 is that inside my Apple messages app, I'm getting negative bytes and the "system" storage seems to be taking up around 20 GB. It used to be around 3GB. Ever since the bug, I've been getting photos and videos on my messages app being corrupted and deleted inadvertently. Contacted Apple support and engineers in June, but till today they're still trying to work out a solution. :(

Attached Files:

12. imagineadam macrumors 65816

My alarm clock icon doesn’t show up in the status bar when turning on and alarm most of the time on my iPhone 7 unless I reboot. Started with iOS 12.

Also when looking in iPhone storage the system section doesn’t show up most of the time (at the very bottom) so it reports that I have move available storage than I actually do.