Bugs in iOS 5 on the new iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Macdeez, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Macdeez macrumors member

I just bought a new iPod Touch 4G White 32GB obviously with iOS 5 installed. Anyway as I was using it I discovered a few bugs that I hope get addressed soon.

-Sometimes touchscreen doesn't respond to my touch I have to tap it a few times for it to work.
    -When the iPod is locked and I double click the home button to change the song it pauses the first song, then changes which is really annoying because music just pauses for a second.
    -When I unlock the iPod sometimes it gets a bit stuck at the home screen for a second.
    -When in the music app and I want to change the song it may take a bit to change.

If I find any more issues I'll update you guys. Really hope something is done about this.

:)

2. tonyr6 macrumors 6502a

tonyr6

iOS 5 is running great on my 3rd Gen iPod Touch. I notice it is faster. The only thing I would like to be able to is to turn off the useless newstand icon.

3. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Thank you for posting this. I am experiencing the same thing on my 64GB 4G iPod Touch.

4. Macdeez thread starter macrumors member

Hahah no worries. Is anyone experiencing different problems? I haven't had access to wifi so I couldn't really test out the other features in iOS 5

5. mrduane macrumors newbie

I don't think those bugs are necessarily related to iOS 5. I have had some of those prior to iOS 5.

For quite some time now, my 32GB 4G Touch has been acting weird. Playing music or in an app, I push the home button once and half the time it will bring up multitasking. Other times I push home button twice and sometimes nothing happens, sometimes it closes the app, although most of the time it brings up multitasking. Quite often pushing the home button will not wake it up to the unlock screen, or if I'm in an app, it sometimes will not close it.

It did this long before iOS 5 and it is still doing it.

6. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

In my case it only started after installing iOS 5.

7. Loke2112 macrumors regular

Loke2112

I just bought the same exact model and haven't noticed any bugs. If I do I'll let you know.

8. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I had similar problems on my 3rd gen Touch and noticed that weather and stocks were enabled on the new notifications. I went to settings -> notifications and turned off weather and stocks and my Touch now behaves as it should. When I turn off all notifications, my Touch actually seems much faster then it used to be.

9. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

iPod touch 4Th generation running iOS 5 is way faster except for cover-flow in music, that is slow and laggy. I put newsstand on the last page....alone. Also I only have the weather widget in my notification bar. Also last thing my battery life is so much improved.

10. Macdeez thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I did notice the battery life is so much better, I've been playing music and games for a while now and its still 3/4 full

11. Espilon38 macrumors newbie

I have the 32GB 4th Gen touch as well and I'm experiencing the exact same problems. If you go to the usage and statistics settings under General > About you can see all the error reports that your iPod is sending to Apple. A lot of the errors for me are low memory errors. Perhaps Apple has some memory optimization work to do for 5.1 eh?

12. wooddorf macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

iPod touch 4th generation iOS 5 text input is very delayed when first opening Safari. My battery life is actually worse I've cycled the battery and done a clean install still about 45 minutes to an hour less browsing and app usage. All notifications are off, spotlight off, and widgets off.

13. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I have an iPod touch 4g, and some things run really smooth like opening apps, but some are really laggy like closing apps, or typing. Also, the screen, sometimes, does not respond.

14. Elanigiro macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing the same problems (iPod Touch 4G 32GB)...moreover I noticed the coverflow is slow and apps like Facebook and youtube (default app) are a bit laggy (youtube for example sometimes doesn't scroll the video forward because it doesn't recognize my tap , I suppose it is caused by the new notification center on the top of the screen) Finally my notification center's response is delayed when I open it for the first time.

me too
    please tell me someone else is experiencing the same problems

15. fel10, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

Yes I'm also experiencing the low memory problem. I took a screen shot of it. Btw, I just typed this on my iPod, and it was pretty laggy.

[​IMG]

16. TheUndertow macrumors 6502

Last night (a day or more after upgrading to 5) I started getting the split keyboard bug on my iPad 2.

Need it to be fixed soon....tough to type emails or web comments. :(

17. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I wish you could install more RAM in the iPod touch.

----------

Have you cleared your multitasking bar? I also got the memory free app ($0.99) which frees up some RAM for me. I usually run it once or twice a day.

18. shimpu macrumors newbie

Yes I'm also experiencing the same problems +low memory on my iPod Touch 4G 32G :-( I will try to disable weather and stock notifications.

19. cifang macrumors newbie

Experiencing the same problems on my 8GB 4g ipt white... my 3G on the other hand seems to be running faster. apps like facebook are the ones that are noticeably laggy though. Screen delays in reponse sometimes and I also have those low memory diagnostic reports.

20. st.will macrumors newbie

I'm getting the same on a 4g 64 gb.

21. Loke2112 macrumors regular

Loke2112

Weird, I just googles that type of App and it appears Apple has pulled them all from the store?

Disregard they are available....my bad

22. TheUndertow macrumors 6502

I'm a noob...there's a Keyboard setting that was set by default after the update and to split the keyboard.

23. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Yeah I notice too ... Safari crash more often on my iPod after iOS 5. I bet it's due to low memory. Dang Apple must've forgotten ipod touch n iPad 1 only has 256MB :p

24. appleZtouch macrumors newbie

appleZtouch

I'm also experiencing this kind of problem of iOS5, before my ipod is super fast now it lags and some apps crash. :(

25. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Yep, I experienced those issues as well. The fix is to close apps in the multitasking bar; not a biggie but still a bug that hopefully will be fixed in a next iOS update.
    The new iOS 5 features are working great.