Bugs OS X 10.8.3 Still Hasn't Fixed

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kolax, Mar 16, 2013.

1. kolax macrumors G3

1. Wallpapers will still randomly change when connecting external monitors, or sometimes when waking from sleep.

2. Messages unread count sometimes doesn't mark messages as read and needs restarted.

3. Mission Control will stop working at times, and 'killall Dock' in Terminal is required. This may be related to connecting/removing external monitors.

2. benwiggy macrumors 68020

Note that "a problem that you may be experiencing" is not necessarily "a bug".

While there are bugs in ML, glitches than are not reproducible are more likely to be a local issue. I haven't seen any of these, and I plug/unplug an external monitor a fair bit. I haven't had a problem with Messages or MC either, and I've not seen any threads about this, though I may have missed them.

The good news is, that this means there could be a solution.

Firstly, verify and repair your drive in Disk Utility (Boot up to the Recovery Partition in order to repair your system disk).
    Next, test the problem in a new user account. If the problem does not persist there, then you know the cause is inside your original user account's Library folder. Don't migrate to the new user: go back to the old one.
    Use a utility like Onyx to empty caches and check preference file validity.
    You may then want to try removing relevant .plist files, such as com.apple.desktop.plist, and then restart or log in again, and see whether that improves matters. You will of course have to re-apply your settings.

3. meme1255 macrumors 6502

4. ErikvanD macrumors newbie

ErikvanD

Apple BT keyboards special keys still not work under Windows 8

I had hoped the new Bootcamp drivers would have solved the issue with special keys on the BT keyvboard under Windows 8. But the fn-backspace combo as well as the function keys like volume and screen brightness still do not work.

Under Windows 7 I never had any problems with those keys as they worked fine.