Bugs which came again with 10.5.6 - Is it just me?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DaveTheGrey, Jan 16, 2009.

1. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

Hi everybody,

I'm using Leopard since 10.5.0 like many of you and we all know it had some glitches which were fixed with the OS X updates.
    10.5.5 worked flawless for me (in terms of bugs, performance was still better with tiger)
    But with 10.5.6 all the bugs, which were fixed one by one with each new system update, seem to be back again! :mad:

Safari crashes, especially while it's using flash
    30 seconds after I closed the lid my MBP wakes up again and goes back to sleep immediately.
    Sometimes for some seconds the system seems so busy (sometimes freezes) I hardly can do anything.

What I wanted to ask:

Is it just me or do you experience something similar?

Cheers

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I haven't had these issues, but I have experienced some bugs new to 10.5.6, such as Spaces refusing to enable itself until you restart the computer, and Time Machine repeatedly reporting backup failure then succeeding when I initiate a manual backup. :confused:

3. danny_w macrumors 601

I am still on 10.5.5, but I have received these Time Machine errors (-43) ever since I updated (I have never had TM errors before). I have 3 machines now on 10.5.5 and they all get the TM errors occasionally; 1 has a connected USB disk, the other 2 use an AEBS disk over wireless. I was thinking of updating to 10.5.6 but it sounds like this is not fixed.

4. MrM macrumors 6502

This happens to me all the time. I had to switch back to FireFox because of it. Are you using Flash 10?

5. jive turkey macrumors 6502

Ditto on the Time Machine stuff. I haven't had major TM problems; just the occasional "backup failed" popup. They went away with 10.5.5, but returned with 10.5.6.

Other than that all other bugs seem to have remained gone.

6. danny_w macrumors 601

That's funny - I never saw the "backup failed" messages before I installed 10.5.5, which you say fixed them for you.

7. DaveTheGrey thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

Yes, I'm using Flash 10...

8. mobius86 macrumors newbie

My Time Machine backups gave me an access error. After doing some research I found a Terminal script that reset the defective file.

Stupid me got frustrated and tossed my backups.backupdb files in the Trash, couldn't get them out because it was 2.02 TB worth (Time Machine incrementally backs up, so it was really 154.9GB)

On top of battling that, the cord to the drive got snacked and trashed my External HD completely.

Lesson learned: Never Trash the backups.backupdb files.

Those series of events occurred because I downloaded the 10.5.6 update and changed my Time Machine access privileges...

9. MrM macrumors 6502

I would seriously recommend going to FireFox. I used to get error after error in Safari, starting immediately after installing Flash 10. I started a thread about it a while back and got no replies. I've had FireFox cease up on me once in the past month, whereas Safari was a daily occurrence. I tried a couple of updates from Flash with no luck. Until they fix it, I'm going to be using FireFox.

EDIT- And just for kicks, here what my system is. OSX 10.5.6

Attached Files:

10. DaveTheGrey thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

I forgot one:

After waking up my MBP sometimes my Display stays black...