Build issue 2016 Pro (no touchbar)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nitzer51, Oct 31, 2016.

1. nitzer51 macrumors newbie

I just picked up my 2016 pro (without touch bar of course) and I noticed that the bottom plate that is screwed in has a slight buckle or bulge on the left side of the machine and does not align with the case of the pro. It's less than or about 1/64" of an inch but definitely visible and can be felt when running your hand along the side of the machine.

I have an appointment to get it looked sat but I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue?

2. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

3. nitzer51 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the delay. Here is a photo. as you can see its not huge but it's there

Attached Files:

4. keviig macrumors 6502

I'd take that back, it's definitely not supposed to look like that. Hopefully you'll get a replacement straight away.

5. teidon macrumors 6502

teidon

Might be one of the batteries bulging or poorly installed. Definitely have it checked out.

6. aloshka macrumors 65816

I'm sure you don't need another person telling you this, but definitely go get it replaced.

7. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Yeah mine doesn't look like that. Have that looked at.

8. curmudgeonette macrumors 6502

If you look at the teardown, there's some sort of clip on each side of the machine. Perhaps your case bottom is not properly engaged with the clip.

9. onVacation macrumors member

onVacation

Have you tried pushing it down? There are clips somewhere around this point, it looks like this one is not pushed in properly.

10. maroulis macrumors member

had exactly same issue on mine.. left side, noticed a bump - applied slight pressure clipped on back as it should be.. the weirdest thing.. I've owned every single portable Apple has made and same with iPhone and iPad - never seen anything like this QA wise :/ very perplexing

11. Smoovejayy macrumors regular

I would rather let someone at Apple push it down. If they break it, they can fix it lol.