Build quality of camera ring

AndrewR23

macrumors 68040
Jun 24, 2010
doesn't look like a scratch, looks like anodizing process wasn't smooth in that tiny area

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
first sue about the scratches on the iphone.
then take a look at your monitor (front / back / all around) and then sue them.
then followup with your car, i'm guessing there's scratches on there, too. sue them.
do you have a watch? take a look and then...sue!
windows on your house? mirrors in your bathroom? scratches? sue!

Reactions: pizzzle

maka344

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
first sue about the scratches on the iphone.
then take a look at your monitor (front / back / all around) and then sue them.
then followup with your car, i'm guessing there's scratches on there, too. sue them.
do you have a watch? take a look and then...sue!
windows on your house? mirrors in your bathroom? scratches? sue!
Then he can retire.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
What do you think is it a thing to mention or do you think it is just my urge for details that drives me crazy about apple?
You're nit picking. If you have to put the phone in proper lighting, hold it at JUST the right angle and look REALLY close, it's not a defect. It's normal and you shouldn't worry about it.

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA
Hello forum users,

I want you to be aware of quality failures apple currently goes through.

My profession is law, so I am a lawyer. My job is to find the smallest things that are incorrect or inperfect, because in a world where money matters you can only "win" if you find the small things that other people don't see.

What do you think is it a thing to mention or do you think it is just my urge for details that drives me crazy about apple?
I'm a lawyer too. I believe you were looking for the word "imperfect."

Edit: I see you fixed your mistake, counselor. But you missed some more. Want me to point those out as well? Lawyer, my ass.

Last edited:

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
You can either keep looking for flaws in your device, which will eventually develop over time, or choose to look past this "imperfection" and focus on things that might matter a little more in life.

Reactions: Bow Commander

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014
Hello forum users,

My profession is law, so I am a lawyer. My job is to find the smallest things that are incorrect or imperfect, because in a world where money matters you can only "win" if you find the small things that other people don't see.

First what I noticed when I opened the box of my - 5 - iphone 7, yes I had 5 because every iPhone was making buzz sounds that I could hear sitting at my workplace, was the quality of the camera ring: it is worse. It has scratches. I think every iPhone 7 I had had theses scratches more or less.

You have to put the phone in - proper - light to see these "scratches". Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the experience I have with my iPhone. Thats why I don't want to go back to my 6S that doesn't make these buzz noises or has these "scratches".

Please find pictures of the camera ring attached.

https://www.imagebanana.com/view/ymkex3zd/P1040167.jpg

https://www.imagebanana.com/view/ypirm3i1/P1040172.jpg

you have your fith iphone 7 and now you're looking for this!???

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
Hello forum users,

My profession is law, so I am a lawyer. My job is to find the smallest things that are incorrect or imperfect, because in a world where money matters you can only "win" if you find the small things that other people don't see.

First what I noticed when I opened the box of my - 5 - iphone 7, yes I had 5 because every iPhone was making buzz sounds that I could hear sitting at my workplace, was the quality of the camera ring: it is worse. It has scratches. I think every iPhone 7 I had had theses scratches more or less.

You have to put the phone in - proper - light to see these "scratches". Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the experience I have with my iPhone. Thats why I don't want to go back to my 6S that doesn't make these buzz noises or has these "scratches".
I still do not understand how someone can get so many phones at once when people are still waiting.

They were that loud that you could hear them at your desk? You are the first person that I am aware of to say that. Most people have to put their ear on the back of the phone or be in a phone call to hear the noise.