Build quality?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tomdy2k, Dec 29, 2009.

1. tomdy2k macrumors newbie

Hi
    I was going to get a Zune HD until i started reading the zune forums....It seems all of them have a problem with screen flickering..also jack problems and other stuff.......

also since it's over two hundred bucks Microsoft will repair them or SELL another one at a discounted price...(Gag Me.):eek:

How has the touch been for quality?

2. zacksba Guest

I have a 2g touch which feels the same as the updated ones and it seems to have a good build to me. Feels solid.

3. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

My last 2g iPod Touch was very good to me, considering all the times it's been dinged on the sides or dropped on the ground. A very sturdy and reliable build for sure, and definitely more superiorly built than a Zune, not to mention better all around operation and interface.

4. tomdy2k thread starter macrumors newbie

5. kunze50 macrumors regular

All iPods since the nano for me have held up well, and to date work after being heavily used, dropped, and even being through a washer and dryer.

6. ajones46 macrumors 6502

Yeah iPod Touch is definitely constructed well. Not to mention the physical screws on the outside of the Zune HD is kind of a turnoff lol.. That's one thing I've never seen on the exterior of any iPod.

7. TippmannBaller macrumors newbie

My first ever iPod touch (3g) had small technical problems, and for some reason the screen could be pushed in (about a millimeter) on the corners. I brought it to the genius bar and they gave me a brand new one for free. The moral of the story is that Microsoft has terrible customer service for its Zunes. When buying, that was the largest turnoff for me.