Build week 46 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rgleason, Nov 20, 2008.

1. rgleason macrumors newbie

rgleason

So I just wanted to post a little tidbit that I have noticed about build weeks and defects. My friend just received his 2.4 MBP today. The thing is flawless, as is my 2.8. I checked his serial number and his is from the same build week as mine, which is week 46. Now, I have talked to a few other folks with defects all from before week 46, including someone who was sending their week 45 MBP back for replacement. All of a sudden it seems like from the few situations that I have seen most, if not all, of the defects that were appearing seem to magically be disappearing. Just my two cents but I sure hope for everyone else out there looking to buy that this is true.

2. lscangus macrumors 6502

That is great, i have just requested for a replacement today. same spec as yours. What week is this week?

The one i am replacing is week 43

9C84 Screen Perfect
    Loose battery cover
    "Overheat"?
    Slight Dent, about 1MM

Angus

3. toddwoodford macrumors newbie

I also have build 43 and sending back to Apple for repair. Will they repair or replace? I have a week hinge and slight movement in my battery door.

4. jmmm macrumors newbie

5. 7even macrumors 6502a

Serial number, 4th and 5th digits.

6. jeff48 macrumors member

My MBP 2.8 320@7200 is build week 43 and is perfect.

7. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

8. bitesize macrumors member

Replacement from week 45. Whole LCD screen is offset back 2mm when shut.

I hope I don't get another week 45 build sent to me. I have a feeling sometimes they have surpluses, and they just send those. b/c when I asked for my replacement, my status changed instantly to Prepared to ship.

9. puma1552 macrumors 601

Exactly which calendar week is build week 46? I ordered a new CTO MBP 2-3 days ago, curious to know what build week this likely would be.

10. spgiva macrumors regular

spgiva

My (replacement) MBP (2.53 ghz) is build week 43 and also perfect. Not sure which week my original was from.

spg

11. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I have both a week 40 and week 44. Both are fine with no problems (not even a dead pixel).

12. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

13. SkylerXR macrumors newbie

I had two defective week 44 2.53's, but the 3rd one was perfect (also week 44), so I think this theory is really valid.

14. megamouse macrumors member

week 45, alright so far

what seems to be the problem for your friends' wk 45 MBP anyway??

15. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Week 46. Perfect minus a pretty weak hinge. Or maybe the hinge is good. I haven't seen any news on the hinges, but when I am in bed and have my laptop on my knees, my screen will want to fall. But... it still feels pretty stiff. Not sure.

Love it minus this trackpad.

16. shoopaman macrumors 6502

shoopaman

glad to hear that production is implementing QC, finally. I gave up after my 4th... gonna go pick up one tomorrow.

17. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

You'll get used to the trackpad. The hinge is normal. The new displays are a bit heavier and will start to close if tilted forward to much or chassis is too elevated. It's a "feature" that's been posted about previously.

18. EngenZerO macrumors regular

week 41... no issues...

keys look good. tight battery cover. nice screen (no dead pixels or weird light leaks). no fan rattle.

only issue... speaker grill has a few lines that connect the holes diagonally... no big deal...

very happy camper!