Building an App against nightly Webkit no longer loads webplugins

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by hurrikenux, Jun 7, 2007.

1. hurrikenux macrumors member

This is very perplexing (to me at least). I've been compiling a Webkit-Based browser against the nightly WebKit and everything seems to work fine. However, there is a fatal error when trying to load any webplugins (Quicktime, Flip4Mac, etc). My workaround has been to load disabling them into the code and use the Carbon-based ones (.plugin).

Anyone worked with the Webkit nightly for this? I have found a few instances of this error floating around the web, but with no solutions.

I can post a crash log if anyone would like.

2. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

I would suggest stopping by the webkit irc channel and asking there; I've found them to be extremely helpful, although you may have to try a few times if you're unlucky enough to join when none of the regulars are active. If it is indeed a bug with webkit trunk, the next step would be filing a report at bugs.webkit.org.

3. hurrikenux thread starter macrumors member

I'll check them out on IRC; its funny, I used to be on IRC all the time. I don't think its a WebKit bug, I think the error lies with how the build is being configured. Perhaps there is a variable to enable loading of plugins directly, instead of how it may be loaded using the export_dyld method. I believe it is I who is missing something.