Building an Edition type charging box

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AaronChicago, Apr 12, 2015.

1. AaronChicago macrumors member

It wouldn't be too hard. Use the box in which the Apple Watch comes with. Line it with some felt. Cut a small opening to push through the magnetic charger. Cut a hole on the back of the box to insert the cable. Boom.

2. dilap macrumors 6502a

Exactly what I thought. Will make a useful case!

3. jbizzybeetle macrumors regular

My plan also. I figured that may work with the slit in the watch support around which the band winds when in box.

4. dilap macrumors 6502a

However I am getting the Sport, which has an apparent different box, but we will see.

5. AaronChicago thread starter macrumors member

What does the sport case look like?

6. dilap macrumors 6502a

It's supposed to be a rectangularly shaped box, with a transparent top. (Like the 5c.) The attached photo was found on Apples Jobs Website. I guess this could be part of a more packed box, as it supposedly includes a plug and cord.

Attached Files:

7. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I'm guessing all the boxes will look similar to the edition box but just made out of cardboard. More box like than the edition case.

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Don't forget to buy some dyed leather sheets from Michaels, to glue around the outside :)

9. AaronChicago thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. The band cases look like that too. Actually it probably would be smarter to find a jewelry box on Amazon for a small price and custom build it, in case you wanted to resale the watch with the original box in tact.